Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why, yes, I DO love patchwork!

Hello.  Me again.  Long time no see.  The short story is home (not so sweet) home is still where the sewing machine is, and still not where I've spent a lot of time.  Plus, I've actually been busy with other things.  Who knew?

I was able to fit in two sewing projects last week, but I will only show you one.  The other was an experiement that I made up as I went along.  Which went about as well as you'd expect.

I got Rashida's book, I Love Patchwork, for Christmas and have dog eared (sike! I can't ever bring myself to dog ear books, but they're marked in my head) a whole ton of things that I want to make.  I've been holding on to a charm pack of Rouenneries, so I grabbed the scissors before I could change my mind and hoard them even longer, and made this.


I know, it's just a kitchen towel, but I still love it.  It was a really easy project, which made it quick AND fun (except for that one time when I burned my finger trying to press that curve under 1'4").  I think the Rouenneries looks great with linen, and I'm glad I used it.  I'm also glad that I needed such small pieces that I've still got a whole bunch of charm squares left over.  I'm thinking of the table runner in the book to match the towel, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! If you didn't leave an email address I'll answer in the comments, so check back!

Followers