Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bag lady

It's becoming more and more of a theme.

Bags.

They're just about all I've been making, except for a sleeveless top that I finally managed to drag out of my WIP bin and finish off...just as soon as the weather dipped to 40 degrees.  Eh, it'll look awfully nice under a cardigan.  As soon as my nose returns to it's normal color (or at least fades to pinkish instead of bright red) and I can be bothered to dress in real clothing, I'll make sure to snap a photo.

Anyway, bags.  I'm planning on making quite a few for Christmas, both as gifts and as gift wrapping.

Um, wow.  Two gifts in one?  Yeah, I just bet you wish you knew me!

I'm playing around with some shapes and sizes that I like, and I hit on a good one here.  I sewed darts into the bottom for some depth, as I like darts much better that a mitered corner.  Doesn't mess with the shape of the rest of the bag.  That bottom won't be as flat, but the body of the bag will hang flatter (no, I'm not sure that's a word either). 



Stash fabric, unknown origin, chocolate brown cotton canvas.  The straps are cotton webbing from JoAnn. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice bag! Looks like it would work for many uses. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hesitated to even fill the bag with anything, because once I test them out to see what they hold, I always have a harder time getting rid of them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! If you didn't leave an email address I'll answer in the comments, so check back!

Followers