Friday, October 2, 2009

Mixed bag

I had a real urge today to make something. Something that could be finished and used right away and preferrably hung on my dresser drawer knob so that I could look and feel better about having a sucky day because looking at pretty things I made usually makes me feel better.

What didn't make me feel better was the total chaos that greeted my on my sewing desk. Scraps and castoffs from most of this week's projects, as well as some other junk that keeps getting pushed around.



See the fabrics from the Lickety Split bag? And the cross body hobo? And my new tote?  Yep.  That's how I cleaned up.  By cutting three inch sqaures of everything on my table and making a patchwork bag.  There's also some other bits from past projects and a charm from a new Moda line. 



A drawstring bag is one of the easiest projects to make, patchwork is fun because you get to see your best fabrics all hanging out in one spot and who can't use more of them around the house/office/car/whatever.  Just stuff it, grab it and go.



I've also made kind of a resolution with myself to start lining more things with a print or a contrasting fabric. A nice unbleached cotton is usually my lining of choice, but I had a thrifted sheet in my stash that made for a fun lining, and I really like how it turned out. 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think! If you didn't leave an email address I'll answer in the comments, so check back!

Followers