I've totally got an
I made two small adjustments to this tutorial from Wink Designs. The first was that I left out the trim that it supposed to encase the raw edge of the patterned fabric. I think sometimes we are all a bit to 'fraid of a little fray. I stitched about a 1/4" in away from the edge, pulled the few loose threads and the rest will fray up nicely until they get trapped by the stitched line. I think it will look charming. The second adjustment was to fold up the bottom half of the case (I didn't decide to do this until the last minute) to create a pocket. This way I can store a few needles and pins on the felt patch, but keep other accoutrements in the pocket. It wasn't in the original plan, but it suits me a bit better.