Friday, January 1, 2010

Pillow love

A few weekends ago I saw this pillow at Pottery Barn.  The great thing about Pottery Barn pillows or covers is not only that they're gorgeous, but they're primarily linens and really great prints, and can be reproduced at home.



It was the pocket on this pillow that really caught my eye.  I didn't really groove on the words embroidered on the pillow because they don't fit in with the rest of the room, but, I knew the coloring would have looked really nice with a chair in my living room.



This is a small chair, so the pillow is only 12"x12".  I was set to cut a linen square for the pocket and then stitch it the to pillow with red embroidery thread, but then remembered a Rounneries charm pack that I got for Christmas and decided to just use a square of the red solid for the pocket, and it gave just enough color to not overpower the linen.  It's on a small chair that no one really sits in anyway, so I might make one more to make it look a little softer. 







I tested it out with a remote and then hid a little note.  What about you?  What would you put in a pillow pocket?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! If you didn't leave an email address I'll answer in the comments, so check back!

Followers